Make sure you do your bit to protect you and your loved ones from flu this winter!
Our Pharmacist can administer a Free NHS Flu jab to patients meeting the below criteria. If none of the below apply then you can still have the flu jab adminsitered privately for a small fee.
No appointment necessary, just pop-in anytime during our opening hours!
The eligible groups for the free NHS service are:
- all people aged 65 years and over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31 March 2019);
- people aged from 18to less than 65 years of age with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis;
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure;
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five;
- chronic liver disease;
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability;
- immunosuppresion, a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment);
- asplenia or splenic dysfunction;
- morbid obesity BMI> 40
- pregnant women aged 18 or over (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season);
- people aged 18 or over living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities*;
- carers aged 18 or over; or
- household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over.
- social care workers and hospice workers
for more info on the NHS flu jab clickhere